The Ocean Games is an annual open water experience that takes place in Ocean City, Maryland. Ocean Games has three separate events, featuring 7 competitions in one day. “Swim Ocean City” is a WOWSA-sanctioned ocean swim, that offers 1, 3 and 9 mile race opportunities parallel to Ocean City’s beautiful shoreline. The “East Coast SUP CUP” is a one-of-a-kind ocean paddle board event that features a 4-mile elite sprint style course, a 2-mile open course, and an up-and-back sprint race. The SUP CUP is currently the only ocean paddle board race of its kind in the state of Maryland. New this year is “Beach Flight Ultimate”, which is a beach Ultimate Frisbee competition.
The Ocean Games’ mission is to provide the ultimate ocean experience for novice and elite athletes alike and to raise funds for the Johns Hopkins Brain and Stroke Rehabilitation Program as well as help local charities and families. We also hope that the Ocean Games will serve to increase awareness of brain injuries and recovery, and promote the positive effects that sports have on the brain and the body.
Some of the local charities and families we have helped include:
- Diakonia of Ocean City, MD
- Donated all dry goods, supplies and hydration after each event
- Junior Beach Patrol
- Provided financial assistance to a student to take part in the Junior Beach Patrol Program
- Support for the Wood’s family
- The money raised through this event will go towards an I-Stat machine which will help measure Alex’s sodium levels. This will save the family long trips to Johns Hopkins to get the same results.